I am learning so much about Raw Diets and Super Foods that I am now super curious about how to incorporate these into my diet.
I ordered myself a few superfoods on Amazon. I have a Amazon Prime problem. Don't worry, my husband is quiet aware. My mail man is not too thrilled either because of our excruciatingly long driveway. But I digress...
•The Chlorella/Spirulina tabs are some of my favorite. I have tried a version or two of these in the past and have found good results. Less joint pain, better energy and boost in immunity. Consistency is key here.
•Raw Cacao- not a fan. Heck, I love chocolate as much as the next girl, but this stuff ain't chocolate. It is bitter and not at all "super" in taste. So my goal is to experiment with dates and cocao. Granted, I have a bit of a sugar addiction, but dang these were harsh.
•Dragon Fruit was new to me. I liked it. I am totally unaware of how to pick a ripe dragon fruit so I trusted Wegmans not to steer me wrong. Max, my 5 year old, was not as impressed as I was.
I will definitely eat more dragon fruit in my diet.
Throughout my journey I hope to incorporate more of these
Top Ten Super Foods
1. Cacao- antioxidant high in magnesium, iron, manganese, and fiber.
2. Gogi Berries(wolfberries)- anti aging, anti-cancer, supports neurological and reproductive health. High in selenium, iron, riboflavin, and vitamin C. Max and I drink this every morning with our Ningxia Red.
3. Maca- increases energy, endurance, fertility, and libido. I tried this before and found it produced more cysts in my breast tissue. So I stay away now.
4. Raw Hemp Products- good source of protein. Rich in iron, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, and omega-3s. I like Hemp Milk, it tastes like marshmallows to me.
5. Spirulina- highest vegetarian source of complete protein. Improves blood sugar, reduces blood pressure, and supports healthy cholesterol.
6. Bee Products- pollen supports immunity, reduces inflammation. I like to take every morning at the start of allergy season. Raw, unfiltered honey is rich in minerals, antioxidants, and enzymes. As a prebiotic, honey may also help to support gut health.
7. Camu Camu Berry- I am gonna be honest, I have never heard of this berry until now. But it is one of the highest sources of vitamin C on the planet. Go fig'
8. Sea Vegetables(kelp, nori) - beneficial for the thyroid and hormone function with iodine, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and fiber. I eat sushi! I think that counts
9. Medicinal Mushrooms- I am curious in a non-burning-man kind of way
10. Blue-Green Algae- antioxidant. May help to improve mood and reduce symptoms of depression.